St. Lawrence Men's Cornerstone
Welcome to the Home Page for the St. Lawrence Men's Cornerstone Group's monthly prayer sessions. This site will be used
to announce and highlight each month's session, plus provide a library of past prayer sessions. Please consider hosting a
prayer session for a date sometime in the near future. We like getting new people coming up with their own topics. There is
plenty of help if you need it and also feel free to team up with another brother and jointly host one of these great sessions.
There is no such thing as a bad prayer session!!!
Announcements - last updated December 1, 2017
- Be sure to visit the new St. Lawrence Parish Website/Facebook page and "like" it. It can be reached via: https://www.facebook.com/stlchester/
- We haven't done a good job of keeping track of and archiving the very many superb prayer sessions that were given over the years. Anyone that has hosted a Saturday morning prayer session in the past few years that would like it included in the below online archive, please send a softcopy of your Word
or PDF formatted prayer session to email@example.com.
- Please consider hosting one of our monthly Saturday prayer sessions. You would simply prepare the prayer session by coming up with a topic, picking a reading
and some music, then generate a few questions to get the conversation started. There is plenty of help if you need it. You'll be glad you did it afterwards. I've got plenty of open slots
for the remainder of the year so please email me to pick a month that you'd like to host. - THANKS!!!
Archives and Other Links
- Read information about these monthly Prayer Sessions
- Sample Template for Preparing a Prayer Session (MS Word Format)
- Archived Prayer Sessions: Format: date (topic by host) (check your Downloads folder if the document doesn't appear on screen)
- January 20, 2018 ("Prayer" by Joe Guella) MS-Word Format NEW! 1/20/2018
- January 9, 2018 ("Contemplative Prayer" by Jerry Frech) MS-Word Format NEW! 1/12/2018
- November 18, 2017 ("Thanksgiving" by Jorge Lombardo) MS-Word Format NEW! 12/1/2017
- September 16, 2017 ("Love" by Jorge Lombardo) MS-Word Format NEW! 12/1/2017
- March 15, 2014 ("Is Blood Thicker than Water?" by Rick Diana) MS-Word Format
- February 15, 2014 ("Discipleship and Evangilization, the need for Storytellers" by Bob Holl) MS-Word Format
- August 17, 2013 (Courage by Bob Holl) MS Word Format
- September 21, 2013 (Topic by Dave Galdi)
- August 17, 2013 (Courage by Bob Holl) MS Word Format
- July 20, 2013 (Role Models by Bill DeVizio) MS Word Format
- June 15, 2013 (Evangelization by Tony Ingenito)
- May 18, 2013 (The Blessed Mother by Trevor Jones)
- March 16, 2013 (Call to Prayer by Bill DeVizio) PDF Format
- February 16, 2013 (Our weakness becomes our strength, our misery is our blessing but only when we allow Jesus to be the unconditional Lord of our life. hosted by Milos Fojtu) MS Word Format
- January 19, 2013 (First shall be Last and the Last shall be First hosted by Kevin Potucek) MS Word Format
- November 17, 2012 (Year of Faith hosted by Rick Diana) MS Word Format
- October 20, 2012 (Joy hosted by Ken Guthrie) MS Word Format
- October 4, 2012 (Committment hosted by Tony Ingenito) MS Word Format
- September 15, 2012 (Inspiration hosted by Paul Castellano) MS Word Format
- September 11, 2012 (9/11 hosted by Tom Saitta - CS2 Meeting) MS Word Format
- September 11, 2012 (Farewell to Kevin Herb - hosted by Tom Saitta - CS2 Meeting) MS Word Format
- August 18, 2012 (Olympics of Faith hosted by Anthony Papili) Web Page
- July 18, 2012 (hosted by Bill DeVizio) MS Word Format
- April 2012 (Faith vs. Works by Anthony Papili) MS Word Format
- February 2012 (Under Pressure hosted by Anthony Papili) MS Word Format
- January 2012 (Thanksgiving hosted by Tony Ingenito) MS Word Format
- March 2011 (Cornerstone Ministry hosted by Anthony Papili) MS Word Format
- October 2011 (Role Models hosted by Bill DeVizio) MS Word Format
- September 2011 (Forgiveness hosted by Anthony Papili) MS Word Format
- June 2011 (Forgiveness and The Beatitudes hosted by Anthony Papili) MS Word Format
- Feb 2011 (Renewal hosted by Bill DeVizio) Pdf Format
- Feb 2011* (Unknown - Maybe Dave Galdi?) Pdf Format
Volunteers to host one of these monthly sessions is highly welcomed. See "About" for more details.
Requests for Prayers
Anyone that has prayer requests that they would like to be sent out to the entire Men's Cornerstone Community, you can do so by
clicking on the following email link and sending the prayer request to our
firstname.lastname@example.org email address. It
is from that account that all emails get sent to the entire Men's Cornerstone Community.
Updating or Adding Your Email Address to our Distribution List
If you need to update or wish to be added to the Men's Cornerstone Email Distribution list, send an email to
email@example.com with all the details of how you
want to be notified. Similarly, if you'd like to be removed from the distribution list, email us with that request as well.
Use of the Men's Cornerstone Email Alias
There have been several questions and issues raised over the past few years about certain things that have been sent out over the
Men's Cornerstone Email Alias that we maintain on the firstname.lastname@example.org account. The final decision is that the only
thing this email account can and will be used for is to make Cornerstone/Church Announcments, and for any and all prayer requests.
Links, stories, or any other material that people want disseminated to this large community will NOT be permitted. We will
be happy to start a "links" section on this web page for items like that, but nobody in the Cornerstone Community has it as their
responsiblility to determine what is and isn't valid to send out via this distribution. Prayer requests and Cornerstone/Church
announcements will be the only thing this alias will be used for.
When email is sent out, the large distribution list is blind carbon copied to everyone. This means you won't see the 150+ email addresses
of the people receiving the emails. It's also a safety precaution so anyone that chose to reply-to-all, won't be generating lots
of unnecessary emails sent to the entire distribution list.
Just a note, feel free to send emails to email@example.com. That account is only accessible by a small group of
people and is not read on a regular basis. Prayer requests will be sent out as quickly as possible. We ask for your patience
in getting a response from any emails you may send to this gmail account.
Circle of Shoes
Every Cornerstone meeting is closed by everyone circling up in a huddle, and saying together the Our Father. The photo
below is one taken by Kevin Herb at one of our meetings and it truly captures the essence of this ending ritual.
Other Relevant Links